iOS 17 Release Date
When Does iOS 17 Come Out
June 5, 2023
[iOS 17 Feature Release]: Apple announces iOS 17 at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC 2023).
June 5, 2023
[iOS 17 Developer Beta Release Date]: The iOS 17 developer beta is released, allowing developers to test the new features and provide feedback.
July 12, 2023
[iOS 17 Public Beta Release Date]: The iOS 17 developer beta has been launched, enabling developers to explore the new features and offer feedback.
[iOS 17 Release Date]: The official launch of iOS 17 is planned to coincide with the launch of the iPhone 15.
iOS 17 New Features
iOS 17 Support Devices
iPhone 15 Plus
iPhone 15 Pro
iPhone 15 Pro Max
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
iPhone 13 Plus
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 12 Plus
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone SE 2
iPhone SE 3
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st generation and later)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation and later)
iOS 17 Beta [Developer & Public]
How to Update to iOS 17
01 Backup iPhone before iOS 17 update
Upgrading to a new iOS system may cause errors and risk of data loss. It is strongly recommended to back up your iPhone/iPad before installing iOS 17. Also, if you are not satisfied with the new system and want to downgrade from iOS 17 to iOS 16, your previously stored backups can still be restored to your device. Here are 3 ways to back up your iPhone/iPad.
- Use AnyRecover
- Use iCloud
- Use iTunes
Backup iPhone/iPad with AnyRecover
Backup iPhone/iPad using iCloud
- Backup iPhone/iPad without using a computer.
- Only 5GB iCloud backup capacity for free.
- Selective backup and restore are not supported.
Backup iPhone/iPad with iTunes
- Unlimited backup storage.
- Selective backup and restore is not supported.
- The backup file is not readable.
2 How to Update to iOS 17
Method 1. Update to iOS 17 via OTA
Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
If the iOS 17 update is visible to you, select 'Download and Install.
Once the download is complete, select "Install."
After the update has been installed successfully, input your Apple ID password and proceed with the device setup.
Download iOS 17 without computer.
The download and upgrade processes may be impacted by the speed of your WiFi.
Method 2. Update to iOS 17 using iTunes
Connect the iPhone to your computer.
Open iTunes/Finder > Select your device and Click on Check for Update.
Click on Download and Update.
Accept the terms and conditions.
Wait until the installation finishes and the device restarts.
You can use iTunes/Finder to back up data.
To update to iOS 17, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer.
Method 3. Update to iOS 17 using AnyRecover
- Step 1:
Launch AnyRecover, choose “iPhone Recovery” and select "Fix System".
- Step 2:
Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Step 3:
Click on “Standard Mode”.
- Step 4:
Download the iOS version you need and click on "Start to Fix".
Can fix any software issues that might occur during or after the iOS 17 update.
Downgrade From iOS 17
1 Downgrade iOS 17 to 16
If you don't like it for some reason after installing iOS 17, you can downgrade iOS 17 to a previous version. However, downgrading iOS may not be an easy task. We will introduce to you how to downgrade iOS 17 and the problems you may encounter during the downgrade process. Be sure to back up the data on your device first, as downgrading may reset your device to its original factory settings.
2 Ways to Downgrade iOS 17 to iOS 16 Safely
Troubled by the frequent issues occurring after upgrading to iOS 17? Don't worry, here are two methods that can help you safely downgrade to iOS 16.
Downgrade iOS 17 with AnyRecover (The Easiest)
- 1 Download and install AnyRecover on Windows/Mac , connect your device to the computer.
- 2 Select AnyRecover "iPhone Recovery" mode, and then click "Fix iOS issues".
- 3 Choose the appropriate firmware for your iPhone and download it.
- 4 After downloading the firmware, click "Start" and wait for a while to complete the iOS 17 downgrade.
- With AnyRecover, you can downgrade from iOS 17 without iTunes .
- Easily downgrade iOS 17 to the previous version without jailbreak.
- One click to downgrade iOS 17 to iOS 16 without erasing data.
- AnyRecover can also help you fix various iPhone problems when updating or downgrading iOS 17.
Downgrade iOS 17 to 16 Using iTunes
- 1 Backup your iPhone/iPad.
- 2 Go to "Settings" > "Your Name" > "iCloud" > "Find My iPhone", enter your passcode to turn off "Find My iPhone" on iPhone.
Visit https://ipsw.me/ to download the IPSW file for iPhone.
- 4 Launch iTunes (Windows) or Finder (Mac), plug iPhone into your computer and click the iPhone icon.
- 5 Hold Shift (Windows) or Option (Mac) and click Restore iPhone.
- 6 Click to open the IPSW file you just downloaded.
- 7 iTunes will start to reset the device and restore the system. If you made an archived backup before installing iOS 17, you can restore the backup after downgrading to iOS 16.
- This method requires the latest version of iTunes or Finder.
- Be sure to back up your iPhone before downgrading with iTunes/Finder as there may be a risk of data loss.
Video Tutorial on How to Downgrade from iOS 17
Fix iOS System Issues while/ after Updating to iOS 17
- Way 1: Force Restart iPhone
- Way 2: Restore iPhone with iTunes
- Way 3：Fix it with AnyRecover without Data Loss
iOS 17 Stuck in Recovery Mode
More iOS Stuck in Recovery Mode Fixing Tips
- Way 1: Force Restart iPhone
- Way 2: Put iPhone into Recovery Mode
- Way 3: Restore iPhone White Screen in DFU Mode
- Way 4: AnyRecover Repair it without Data Loss
White/Black Screen After iOS 17 Update
More iOS White/Black Screen Fixing Tips
- Charge your iPhone for over an hour
- Force restart iPhone
- Hard Reboot Your iPhone
- Fix iPhone with AnyRecover
iPhone Freezes During iOS 17 Update
More iPhone Freezes Fixing Tips
- Check iPhone Storage
- Delete Previous Update Files
- Restart iPhone
- Update your iPhone with AnyRecover
iOS 17 Stuck on Preparing Update
More iOS Stuck on Preparing Update Fixing Tips
- Way 1: Reset All Settings
- Way 2: Hard Reset Your iPhone
- Way 3: Delete The Software Update
- Way 4: Fix with AnyRecover
iOS 17 Stuck on Update Requested
More iPhone stuck on update requested fixing Tips
- Way 1: Delete Previous Updates Package
- Way 2: Use iTunes to Update Your Device
- Way 3: Free Up Storage
- Way 4: Use AnyRecover fixing it without data loss
iOS 17 Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining
More iPhone stuck on time remaining estimating Fixing Tips
- Way 1: Force Restart iPhone
- Way 2: Turn Off and Charge Your iPhone
- Way 3: Restore Your iPhone Through iTunes
- Way 4: Fix iPhone Stuck in SOS Mode Using AnyRecover
iPhone Stuck in SOS Mode
More iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS Fixing Tips
- Way 1: Update Your iPhone with iTunes or Finder
- Way 2: DFU Restore Your iPhone
- Way 3: Repair it with AnyRecover to Get out of Verifying Update
iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update
More iPhone stuck on Verifying Update Fixing Tips
- Way 1: Force Restart Your iPhone
- Way 2: Reinstall iOS
- Way 3: Do a Factory Restore
- Way 4: Use AnyRecover iOS Repair Programs
iOS 17 Stuck on Apple Logo
More iPhone stuck on apple logo Fixing Tips
- Way 1: Restart your iPhone
- Way 2: Recover with iTunes backup
- Way 3: Restore with iCloud backup
- Way 4: Retrieve with AnyRecover without backup
Data lost after Updating iOS 17
More iOS data recovery Tips
- Way 1: Recover Photos from Recently Deleted Folder
- Way 2: Retrieve Deleted Photos Using iTunes
- Way 3: Recover Deleted Photos via iCloud
- Way 4: Recover Permanently Deleted Photos with AnyRecover
iPhone Photos Disappeared from Album
More iPhone deleted photos recovery Tips
- Way 1: Check Recently Deleted Folder Before 30 Days
- Way 2: Recover Notes via iTunes Backup
- Way 3: Restore Notes with iCloud backup
- Way 4: Recover Permanently Deleted Notes without Backup/iCloud using AnyRecover
iPhone Notes Missing
More iPhone Notes Recovery Tips
Best iOS Data Recovery and Repair Software
- Retrieve permanently deleted photos, notes, contacts, voicemail, videos, etc.
- Recover deleted data from iOS devices,iTunes/iCloud backup
- Compatible with the latest iOS 17/iPadOS 16 and iPhone 14(Plus), iPhone 14 Pro(Max)
- Fix white/black screen, device stuck on Apple logo/recovery mode, restarting loops, iTunes errors, bricked iOS devices, freezing screen, not turning on, and more without data loss.
- One click to upgrade/downgrade iOS 17 without jailbreak and data loss.
What Makes Us Stand Out?
Looking for the best data recovery software? AnyRecover is your all-in-one solution, supporting data recovery from Windows, Mac, and iPhone, and providing the ability to repair damaged files, photos, and videos, so you can get back what matters most to you.
What Customers Often Ask
Q1: Should I Update to iOS 17?
It depends. iOS 17 surely include bug fixes and security patches to address vulnerabilities of iOS 16.5. If you're experiencing issues or concerned about security, updating to iOS 17 can help ensure you have the latest protections and improvements.
However, iOS 17's early version may have some bugs and issues. It can be beneficial to wait for initial bug fixes and stability updates before updating, especially if you rely on your device for critical tasks.
Q2: What Should I Do Before Updating to iOS 17?
When iOS 17 becomes available, it's generally a good practice to take certain steps before updating your device's operating system. These steps may include:
- Ensure that you have a recent backup of your data.
- Verify that your device is compatible with iOS 17.
- Free up some storage space on your device to accommodate the update. You can delete unnecessary files, apps, or media to create more space.
- Check for app updates in the App Store and make sure your installed apps are compatible with the upcoming iOS version.
- Downloading and installing major software updates like iOS 17 is typically easier and faster over a Wi-Fi connection, so ensure you have a stable network available.
Q3: How Do I Update to iOS 17?
When the official version of iOS 17 is released along with iPhone 15, you can follow the steps below to update to iOS 17:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Here you will see Update Requested option. Tap on it and begin installation.
Q4: Do I Need to Back Up Before Updating to iOS 17?
Yes. It's crucial to back up your device before updating to iOS 17 for you may encounter a data loss. You can choose to back up iDevice via AnyRecover, iCloud or iTunes.