The data you have on your Mac makes the computer important to you. Although you are careful, situations that are out of your control could lead to data loss. For example, someone could delete your files accidentally. Also, a virus could erase some of your important data.
If you lose your important data, you would want to know whether there is a tool you can use to recover the lost data. In this article, we will focus on showing you the top 5 data recovery software for Mac you can use. You may wonder what is the best data recovery software. Just read on to find the answer.
AnyRecover will make sure you get back all your lost data irrespective of how this data got lost. The tool is capable of restoring data lost via accidental deletion, power outage, formatting, file corruption, virus/malware attack, and more. The best data recovery software for Mac guarantees you of a recovery rate that exceeds 98%.
1,000,000 + Downloads
The tool supports the recovery of more than 1000 file types, including documents, images, videos, archives, emails, etc.
Recover your data from any external device on Mac. You can use it to recover data from MacBook, iMac, external hard drives, digital cameras, memory cards, disk drives, etc.
Supported File System: APFS, HFS+, HFS X, exFAT, NTFS, FAT 16, FAT 32.
You can free preview your lost data before recovery. After purchasing, you can get the full version to recover your lost files.
Supported OS: macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan, OS X Mavericks.
iMyFone AnyRecover 20% Off Coupon Code: ANY-ART-D20
STEP 1 Firstly, free download AnyRecover on your Mac, select the hard disk where you lost the files you wish to recover and then click “Start”.
STEP 2 It will start an all-round scan on your selected location. You can pause to locate the targeted files or stop it during the scanning process.
STEP 3 After the scan, the files you deleted in the selected disk will be displayed. You can preview the files by simply double-clicking on them. Select the files you would like to get back. Tap "Recover" to get the files back. Choose another location to save the recovered data.
1. Quickly and easily retrieve all lost files on Mac in 3 steps.
2. Free preview lost files before recovery.
3. Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.15, Mac OS X 10.14, Mac OS X 10.13, Mac OS X 10.12, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.9.
Mac Version doesn't support to recover 3 files for free.
Disk Drill promises to help Mac users get their files back irrespective of how they lost these files. This file recovery software for Mac does support the recovery of more than 200 file formats. It does have multiple recovery methods. While the tool may help you get your data back, it does have both pros and cons. We have outlined these below:
1. It is ease to use.
2. It supports data recovery on all major storage devices.
3. It is equipped with various recovery methods.
1. It can only recover limited file types.
2. The tool does not guarantee the highest recovery rate.
3. The price starts at $89 is not generally affordable.
Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac is a data recovery software which can help you avoid dealing with stress after losing your data. The tool can help you recover the data you lost via various situations. It does support the recovery of a number of file types. These include music, documents, videos, and photos. Below, we have its pros and cons.
1. It recovers deleted & formatted files from Time Machine & Encrypted disk drives.
2. Impressive recovery capabilities and elegant interface to help you rescue lost files on Mac.
3. It recovers from high storage (>5 TB) capacity Mac storage drives.
1. Repairing volumes requires the Premium Version.
2. It supports the recovery of a limited number of file types.
3. More expensive than similar products.
This free file recovery software for Mac is easy to use. It does not require you to have any prior technical knowledge to use it. You can recover files lost via accidental deletion and other situations. The pros and cons experienced by Data Rescue 5 users are outlined below:
1. The tool is quick and easy to use.
2. You can retrieve lost data from both external and internal storage devices.
3. The tool does support the recovery of different files. These include photos, documents, audio, etc.
1. Unlike AnyRecover which supports over 1000 file types, Data Rescue 5 supports only 100 file types.
2. The tool requires an internet connection and a secondary storage device to work.
3. The tool supports a limited number of storage devices.
Recoverit promises a high data recovery rate. Its users can expect the tool to recover up to 96% of the lost data. The tool is quick and easy to use. Its advanced algorithm lets users locate all their lost data within a few minutes. Recoverit supports the recovery of data from devices with various file systems. These files systems include NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, APS, HFS, etc. Below, we have the Recoverit pros and cons.
1. The tool promises a quick data recovery.
2. It supports the recovery of data from RAW hard drives, resized or lost partitions, and formatted storage devices.
3. The tool supports over 550 data formats.
1. The tool does not have the highest data recovery rate.
2. Recoverit does not support all storage devices.
3. Mac version is much more expensive than Windows version.
If you have lost your data, this article shows you the best solutions you can use. The best free file recovery software for Mac is AnyRecover. It is the only tool with no limitations. It has the highest data recovery rate. If none of your lost data is overwritten, AnyRecover will recover 100% of the lost data. The tool supports the largest number of file types. AnyRecover will solve all your problems considering the fact that it supports all storage devices. Before paying for AnyRecover, you can use its free trial version to make sure that it works.
By James Crawford , to Deleted Files Recovery
Updated: Apr 21, 2021