Sitting down to a nice relaxing gaming session on your Xbox One can be quite a fun adventure, only if your saved game loads up. When you sit down to load up one of your gaming sessions, only to find the lost saved data on the Xbox One has disappeared completely? Unfortunately, this situation is quite common and can occur for a variety of reasons. one of it is that the data can become lost after the Xbox One updates to the latest software version. If your Xbox One saved games are lost, you can manually redownload them or use third-party software like AnyRecover to get the lost data back. Let’s go through how to increase recovery rate and the available solutions to recover lost saved games on Xbox One.
We understand the pain of not wanting to start a game that you’ve spent months working on, obtaining achievements, and getting those special loot items. Luckily, you can recover deleted or lost game files from the Xbox One hard drive, and you can actually increase the recovery chance. Here is how to increase your chances of recovery.
1. Stop using the Xbox One’s Hard Drive where the data for your game was saved. This prevents the data from getting overwritten by new game data that would usually be saved to the same hard drive. If the game data is overwritten, it will be near impossible to retrieve it.
2. Make sure that there is no improper use of the Xbox One either prior to the data retrieval and during the data retrieval process. Treating your Xbox One right reduces the chance of there being mechanical damage done to the hard drive, which increases your chance at retrieving lost data.
3. When you do go to retrieve the data, make sure to save it to a new hard drive, external hard drive, or storage device so that no data overwriting occurs during the recovery process.
Once you’ve taken heed of the above tips, you can start the recovery process through one of two solutions below.
While lost saved data on Xbox One consoles can occur for a variety of reasons, the most common one that people complain about is version updates. Sometimes updating your Xbox will result in your Xbox One saved games being lost. The easiest way to retrieve the data is through a recovery software system like AnyRecover, which is what our first solution will be.
Before we jump into why AnyRecover is an excellent option for recovering lost saved data on Xbox One, let’s take a look at what you need to do before you start the data recovery process.
1. As we mentioned above, stop using your Xbox’s hard drive. Ideally, this means don’t use your Xbox at all as you don’t want to overwrite any existing files on the hard drive.
2. Remove your Xbox One’s hard drive from the Xbox. To do this, you will need to open up the back of the Xbox and take the hard drive out. You will want to look for a button, clasps, or a pull string to get it out safely. Because you will not be able to connect your Xbox One directly to your PC without a special connector, you will want to purchase either an HDD enclosure for your Xbox One’s hard drive or purchase a SATA to USB converter cable. Either one of these will allow you to connect your Xbox One’s hard drive directly to your personal computer.
3. If your hard drive does not show up as in the drive selection on your personal computer, there are several steps you can take to get your computer to recognize it. You can boot into safe mode, find it in disk management, or update device drivers. You can read more about this here.
1,000,000 + Downloads
Features of iMyFone AnyRecover:
It works on both Mac and Windows personal computers, covers different data loss scenarios, and works with external and internal hard drives.
The data on your Xbox One Hard Drive isn’t off limits, nor are the files, as AnyRecover supports over 1,000 different file types, including game files!
It’s a 3-step process, making it very easy to do.
Recover your lost or deleted game files from different data loss situation on Xbox One!
It is able to achieve the highest success rate for Xbox One game files.
Step 1. Download and run AnyRecover on your personal computer. Once you have your Xbox One’s hard drive connected to your computer, launch the program.
Step 2. Once you’ve selected the hard drive, choose to start scanning for your lost game files or saved game files by clicking “Start” button.
Step 3. Allow the scan to finish. Once it is done, you will be given a results list which will contain all found files that were lost or deleted. In this list, preview the items and select your lost game files. Once selected, click the Recover button and choose to save it to a new, secure location.
If opting into using recovery software is not an option for you, you can also manually download any lost or deleted game files. Unfortunately, this has to be done on a one-by-one basis and requires you to completely reinstall them into your Xbox One’s hard drive. The steps for this process are straight forward.
Step 1. Download and run the Xbox App. You will need to sign into the application, head to the Settings menu, click on your Account, and find your Download History.
Step 2. In the download history list, you will find all games that you have previously downloaded. Find the game with the lost file and hit the Download Again button.
Wait until the download is complete. A tip with this is to make sure that your Xbox One is hard wired into the ethernet rather than WiFi, as this will ensure that the download goes at a faster speed.
To get around losing saved games, choose to copy your files over to a USB device. Simply head into your settings on your Xbox One, choose System then Storage and plug in your USB device. Then copy the media you want to ensure is safe, such as game files, profiles, music, etc. This will allow you to use the USB as a backup of sorts in case your game files get lost again.
Now that you know how you can recover lost saved games on Xbox One consoles, you never have to worry about disappearing game saves, deleted game files, or wiped saves. The main trick with ensuring that your game data stays safe is to always back up your data before updating your console, performing regular backups in case of power outages, and keeping your Xbox One in good maintenance.
By Simon Marcus , to Hard Drive Recovery
Posted on Mar 24, 2020 ( Updated: Mar 27, 2020 )