If you have accidentally deleted some items (emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals, etc) from an Outlook file, don't worry; because it is likely that you can recover those deleted items. There are several methods to recover deleted Outlook items. Some methods are more effective while others are simply easier and more convenient.
One of the best ways to recover a deleted Outlook item is to use a professional Outlook file repair/recovery tool. iMyFone ScanOutlook is one such tool you can rely on in this regard.
iMyFone ScanOutlook makes it easy for you to recover your Outlook PST files, regardless of whether they are recently deleted or permanently deleted. You can also repair PST files via this tool. There are many other powerful features of ScanOutlook, making it a must-have tool for Outlook users.
Recover deleted Outlook items, even if they are no longer available in the Deleted Items folder.
Repair corrupted PST files in the most efficient way for Free.
Allow you to save the recovered/repaired Outlook items in various formats: PST, MSG, EML, PDF, HTML, RTF.
Allow you to preview the data in Outlook data files as well as perform selective item recovery.
User-friendly software interface. No technical knowledge is required to successfully recover deleted Outlook items via this tool.
Steps to Recover Deleted Outlook Items Via ScanOutlook
Step 1. Open iMyFone ScanOutlook, then select the Outlook data file you want to repair.
Step 2. Once the data file is repaired, preview it to see its items, and then click on the Export Selected button.
Step 3. Next, choose the desired format and proceed by clicking on the Export button.
Any item you deleted in Outlook gets moved to Deleted Items or Trash folder where it is kept for a limited period. During that period, you can easily restore the deleted items back to their original location.
There are two different scenarios when it comes to recovering deleted Outlook items: recovering recently deleted items and recovering permanently deleted items.
Follow these instructions to recover recently deleted Outlook items:
1. Open Outlook and navigate to your mailbox.
2. Once there, look for a section called Deleted Items. That's where the recently deleted items are generally located.
3. In the Deleted Items section, look for the items that you want to recover, select them, and then click on Move. After that, move them to any folder you like.
If the required items are not available in Deleted Items folder, then it means that they have been permanently deleted. Follow these instructions to recover permanently deleted Outlook items:
1. In your Outlook mailbox, navigate to the the Deleted Items folder.
2. Now click on the Folder tab and then select the Recover Deleted Items option.
3. Next, choose the desired deleted items displayed on the next screen and recover/restore them via the Recover button.
This is another method of recovering deleted Outlook items. You should use this method for recovering permanently deleted Outlook items.
1. In Outlook, navigate to your mailbox.
2. Click on the Deleted Items tab. If there is no Deleted Items tab, then look for the Trash tab. Note: If both of these options are not available, then your Outlook account does not support recovering a permanently deleted item.
3. Next, click on the 'Recover Deleted Items from Server' option. Note: If that option is not available, then your Outlook account does not support recovering a permanently deleted item.
4. In the 'Recover Deleted Items from Server' section, look for the deleted Outlook items, select the ones that you want to recover, and then click on the Restore Selected Items option. After that, confirm your action by clicking on the OK button.
Recovering deleted Outlook items is possible and it is easy to do. If you want to recover recently deleted Outlook items, then look them in the Deleted Items or Trash folder. On the other hand, if you want to recover permanently deleted items, then try to recover them from server.
If none of these methods work, then it is highly recommended that you use iMyFone ScanOutlook. This powerful tool can help you repair PST files as well as recover deleted Outlook items in a fast and efficient manner.
By Simon Marcus , to Outlook Repair
Posted on Jul 09, 2019 ( Updated: Jan 15, 2020 )