Outlook works around the clock to help protect your privacy and keep your inbox free of clutter. It makes possible to merge various accounts simultaneously. It has raised the level of controlling spam and its feature of security is amazing. It has become the first choice of many users because of its wonderful features and services; most of the users get secured benefit to send messages quickly to the client’s view of the sharing information among the clients instantly. However, you might can't access Outlook.com account, at which time, you need to check your Outlook.com status first.
First of all, you need to visit the Office 365 Service Status page to check the status of outlook.com. If the green mark appears next to the outlook.com then from the prospective of Microsoft everything is working correctly with the outlook.com service. If there is a red or yellow symbol next to Outlook.com then presently Microsoft is experiencing an issue.
More ways to check if the Outlook.com website is down or not is to use a web service such as Down Detector. If this shows that Outlook.com is down after entering the web address, chances are it's down for everyone or for a vast majority of users. If this is the state then wait for the Microsoft to fix the matter.
If status of Outlook.com is up but you cannot sign in then there may be a problem with your PC, network or service provider. Try following fixes to resolve your issue:
1. Close and re-open your web browser: Firstly close the web browser and then re-open it, it will clear the browser cache and may resolve the issue that you have in connection outlook.com.
2. Clear the browser cache: Press and hold the ctrl key then F5. This will clear the cache and reloads the outlook.com page.
3. Restart you computer: this will temporarily clear the files and other cached files that prevent the outlook problems to resolve even though the service is back up.
4. Flush the DNS cache: To do this you need to press the Start button and enter cmd then select the command prompt app. Then, type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
5. Restart your router: to restart your routers you need to unplug your home router and wait for 30 seconds then plug it in. The router reconnects to the ISP and re-establishes your internet connection. Then, connect the Outlook.com to see if the issue is now resolved.
If your Outlook.com is still down after you perform above-mentioned steps, your internet service provider is denying access to the website.
If you are having problem with your Outlook PST/OST files then the best solution that you can have is ScanOutlook. It is a professional tool which helps you to repair corrupt outlook OST & PST files and to recover deleted Outlook mailbox data such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendar etc. Download and install ScanOutlook on your PC then follow these guidelines to get back your valuable Outlook data files safely.
Why Choose iMyFone ScanOutlook?
It support both PST & OST File.
All-in-one Outlook repair tool & email data rescuer.
One of the best free PST/OST Viewers available.
Restore all permanently or hard deleted emails from Outlook.
It automatically finds PST/OST files from default paths on your PC.
You can convert OST to PST and even export OST file into required format: PST, EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, or PDF.
Firstly launch Scan Outlook on your computer and thereafter choose the files you want to repair or recover. There are three options in the file selection dialogue.
Option 1: Select Default PST/OST
After launching ScanOutlook, you just need to select the files you want to repair from the default location.
Option 2: Select PST/OST Manually
If you are familiar with the location of particular Outlook data file, click “Browse” button to find it and open the files by yourself.
Option 3: Search for PST/OST
1. If you don’t know the location, click “Search” button.
2. Then click “Browse” to select a folder (or volume).
3. Hit “Search” to search for all the Outlook data files in the selected folder (or volume).
After selecting PST/OST file, click on “Repair” to initiate the process. There are two modes available in ScanOutlook for repairing:
Quick Repair: it is the faster way of repairing PST/OST files.
Deep Repair: If one is incapable to find the PST/OST files in quick repair mode or the PST/OST files are corrupted, then the deep repair mode will be an appropriate option.
When you are done with the repair, all the recovered files would be displayed at the left panel.
Select the files and click on “Export Selected” button at the top menu. Keep in mind to choose a format and set a location to save the selected data.
All in all, Outlook is an extremely secured medium for emails and has unlimited features to offer. If you are having any problem, like Outlook is down, or Outlook data file corruption, then use above-mentioned ways to resolve the issue.
By Alva Doris , to Outlook Repair
Posted on Dec 17, 2019 ( Updated: Dec 18, 2019 )