If you have accidentally deleted your Outlook emails, don't worry; there are several ways to recover them. Even if the emails are permanently deleted, chances are you will be able to recover and restore them back to their original place. Read on to learn about the most effective Outlook email recovery methods.
The most popular way to recover Outlook emails is to use a professional Outlook email recovery tool. iMyFone ScanOutlook is one of the best among them.
iMyFone ScanOutlook is designed to help Outlook users easily repair damaged Outlook PST and OST files. And recover Outlook emails as well as other type of items. The software is suitable for beginners as it has a user-friendly interface and easy-to-follow instructions.
Recover permanently deleted items without any hassle, this include emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, Outlook mailbox data, and more
Two modes to repair corrupted Outlook data files (.pst & .ost) for Free
Allow you to preview all the items from the recovered Outlook data file.
After recovery, you'll be able to save the recovered items in various forms: PST, EML, MSG, PDF, HTML and RTF
Support all versions of MS Outlook, including the latest Outlook 2019
Step 1. Open iMyFone ScanOutlook, choose the Outlook data file for recover. Then click on Repair button.
Step 2. After repair, you'll be able to preview all the items, choose those you want to save and click on "Export Selected" button.
Step 3. Choose one of the file formats and set a location for save. Then click on "Save"
Step 4. Several minutes later, your selected items will be saved on your computer. Then open the file on your Outlook, you'll find your lost email!
Outlook allows you to recover emails immediately after you delete them via the Undo feature. So, if you change your mind right after deleting an email that you want to keep, you can easily recover that email and undo the damage.
Follow these instructions to recover an email you just deleted:
1. If you have accidentally deleted an Outlook email and didn't perform any other action afterwards, simply press ctrl + Z on your keyboard.
2. Once you press the above combination of keys, the deleted email will be restored to its original location.
By default, any email you delete from your Outlook mailbox is automatically moved to the Deleted Items folder. The deleted emails are kept there for a specified time period after which they are permanently deleted. So, if you want to recover the mails within that period, you can easily restore them by following some simple steps.
Follow these instructions to perform email recovery for Outlook via Deleted Items folder:
1. In Outlook mailbox, navigate to the Deleted Items folder.
2. Select the emails that you want to restore in that folder. You can recover one email or several depending on your preferences.
3. Next, click on the Home tab and then click on Move > Other Folder. Alternatively, you can also do this by pressing Ctrl + Shift + V on your keyboard.
4. Then choose the desired folder for restoring emails and click OK. Your selected emails will be restored to the folder you just specified.
Even if your emails are deleted from the Deleted Items folder, there are still chances of recovery. In case the emails that you want to recover are not stored in the Deleted Items folder, you can recover them from server. Permanently deleted emails are stored on server for a limited time period.
Follow these instructions to perform Outlook email recovery from server:
1. In Outlook, sign into your Exchange email account.
2. Navigate to Deleted Items > Home tab.
3. Next, click on the Actions group and then click on "Recover Deleted Items from Server".
4. Now choose the emails in that folder that you want to recover. Use ctrl key to select multiple emails. After selection, click on the "Restore Selected Items" option. Then click on OK to confirm your action.
5. After the above steps, your selected emails will be restored to the Deleted Items folder. From there, you can restore them to your Inbox or any other desired folder.
If you are using Outlook for Mac, then you won't be able to recover your deleted emails from server because the tool doesn't offer an interface to do so. However, you can recover them via the Outlook Web App.
1. In your favorite web browser, open Outlook Web App and log into your Exchange email account.
2. Navigate to the "Deleted Items" folder.
3. Click on the "Recover items deleted from this folder" option.
4. Next, hover over the emails that you wish to recover and then select the checkbox to select them.
5. Now click on the Restore button. Your selected emails will be restored to their original location.
If for some reason you cannot recover your deleted emails via the above methods, then it is recommended that you explore other options. You should look for backups from which you can recover your deleted emails. Following are some places you can start your search:
Your computer: Search for automatic backup copies of the emails you downloaded or your cached messages.
Your email service: You can contact customer support of your email service to restore your deleted messages.
Data recovery tool: Use a reliable data recovery tool to recover your lost PST files, emails, etc.
By Simon Marcus , to Email Recovery
Posted on Aug 27, 2019 ( Updated: Dec 16, 2019 )