Worried about losing data on your Apple device? In this article, our experts explain the best Apple data recovery software and how to avoid data loss altogether.
Mac laptops are getting more popular.Overall, Apple devices aren't showing any signs of losing a tremendous number of users either. Because of how many people have Apple devices, it’s good to understand Apple data recovery and what software is available. Not only that but the majority of data loss can be prevented and we’re going to be covering all of this in the following guide.
Before we introduce you to AnyRecover, a fantastic recovery tool, and show you how to recover lost Apple data, there are some important things to know first.
1. Deep scanning a hard drive has a high chance of finding files that the standard scan didn’t. That being said, it takes a much longer time to perform a deep scan so it’s only worth running if you have the time to spare. Top tip: try a deep scan overnight to minimise the inconvenience it may cause.
2. As soon as you notice that data has been lost and needs to be recovered, stop using your computer immediately. Creating new files and editing existing files will risk overwriting the lost data which will ensure it can’t be recovered.
3. In addition to the previous point, don’t move or change the folder where the lost files were kept because this reduces the chances of a successful recovery.
4. If you want to recover files from an external storage device, such as an external HDD/flash drive/SD card, connect the device to your computer before running any recovery software.
Keep these things in mind and Mac data recovery will have the highest possible success rate.
Now for the important part: finding an Apple data recovery software that you can rely on. The software we often recommend using is iMyFone AnyRecover and for a good reason: it’s versatile and works in any data loss scenario. See the key features below:
1,000,000 + Downloads
Recover data on any Apple device (Mac, MacBook, and others).
Recovers photos, videos, music, documents, and all other files.
Includes pre-set recovery modes for specific data loss scenarios.
Preview the scan results before fully recovering files.
Offers a deep scan option if the regular scan doesn’t detect your lost files.
Easy to use without professional experience.
Available as a Mac version and Windows version.
These features show that AnyRecover is far more than a data recovery solution. Users can retrieve lost data from Macs, Windows PCs, and any storage devices without having to worry about their files being completely lost.
Now that you have an idea of what this Apple data recovery software is, let’s go through how AnyRecover can be used to recover data.
Step 1. Download and install AnyRecover then run it. You should also connect the external storage device to your computer if the lost data is on a memory stick, SD card, etc.
Step 2. Click on one of the recovery modes that are presented on the main menu which is relevant to your current situation.
Step 3. Next, select the location where you want AnyRecover to scan for files and click “Next”. If the folder isn’t listed, click on “Browse” and manually select it with the explorer.
Step 4. On the next menu, select whatever file types you wish to recover. Checking the “All File Types” box will return a broader scan result, however, by choosing a specific type of file (e.g. Photo or Video), the results will be narrowed down making it easier to find a specific lost file.
Step 5. After clicking on “Scan”, AnyRecover will begin to scan the data in the chosen directories. The length of this scan will depend on a few things but mainly the size of the folders you chose.
Step 6. Once the scan is finished you can browse the results using the navigation panel on the left and select whatever files you want to recover.
Step 7. Finally, click on “Recover”, choose a folder to recover the files to which isn’t their original directory, and that’s all there is to it.
Despite being easy to use, AnyRecover is effective in the most difficult data loss cases. By following the steps above users are able to retrieve files that they previously thought were unrecoverable.
Even though it’s reassuring to know there’s an Apple data recovery solution available if something goes wrong, taking steps to avoid data loss is just as important. There is always a margin of error so relying on recovery software isn’t ideal. To help prevent data loss, here are a few tips:
1. Take frequent backups of important files.On a computer, regardless of Mac or Windows, external hard drives and free cloud platforms like Google Drive are suitable for securely backing up data.
2. Update antivirus software and run regular scans. Doing this will ensure that viruses are caught early before they can do severe harm to your system, like infecting files. On top of that, don’t connect to public Wi-Fi networks as they are commonly targeted by hackers.
3. Keep your operating system up to date. Windows and Mac OS get a lot of minor updates and most of the time these includes bug fixes and security patches. Make sure that your computer is always running the most recent OS version.
There are a lot of other steps you can take to avoid data loss but these three will make a big difference, especially taking backups.
Hopefully, at this stage, it’s been made clear how to recover lost Apple data and what preventative measures you can take so that the chances of losing data is minimal. Losing any files is never a good thing but AnyRecover can turn things around by returning those lost files to you in no time at all. This program is capable of recovering accidentally deleted, corrupt, and infected files of any format and to top it off, no expert assistance is required!
By James Crawford , to Deleted Files Recovery
Posted on Nov 29, 2019 ( Updated: Dec 16, 2019 )